One page summary of how to start a new Doks project.
Start a new Doks project
Create a new site and change directories, install dependencies, and start development server.
1. Create a new site
Doks is available as a child theme and a starter theme.
- Intended for novice to intermediate users
- Intended for minor customizations
- Easily update npm packages — including Doks
git clone https://github.com/h-enk/doks-child-theme.git my-doks-site && cd my-doks-site
- Intended for intermediate to advanced users
- Intended for major customizations
- Easily update npm packages
git clone https://github.com/h-enk/doks.git my-doks-site && cd my-doks-site
Help me chooseNot sure which one is for you? Pick the child theme.
2. Install dependencies
3. Start development server
npm run start
Doks will start the Hugo development webserver accessible by default at
http://localhost:1313. Saved changes will live reload in the browser.
Doks comes with commands for common tasks. Commands →